My computers in time.
Today i realized that i am programming for maybe more than 25 years (that is 35 years in 2021) (still have gw-basic printouts) and i started thinking the machines i owned and special ones i worked on.
So the story starts around 1985 or something:
- Sinclair ZX-Specturum +2
- Euro-PC (intel 8088, single 3.5″ floppy) – 1989
- Cordata (intel 8088, 2 floppies!!) – 1990 If I recall right, it needed about 5 minutes to compile a 4-5000 lines clipper code. The processor unit was like the one in the photo, but the monitor was monochrome with orange letters.
- Huyndai (intel 8088+8087, 640kB RAM, 20Mb HD, yes Mb) – 1991
- some-brand (intel 386 or it was amd? 80Mb hard drive) later had my first color vga monitor with that pc and some time after that, I upgraded her to intel 486 and larger drive 120MB.
- some-brand (intel PI)
- some-brand (intel PIII)
- Acer aspire something (notebook) – 2004
- some-brand (intel P4) – 2006
- Acer travelmate something (notebook) – 2005
- Dell Latitute 110l (notebook) 2006-2010
- some-brand desktop (intel Core2Duo) – 2008-2010
- Dell Inspiron 1564 (i3) – 2010 – 2019
- Dell Optiplex 390 (i5) – 2012 – Jan 2021
- Dell Optiplex 3080 (i5 10500) Jan 2021 – present
At university I worked on a CDC-3000 mainframe, an Apple II, a Sun SparcClassic. Nice times 😀
But the first computer i ever touched was ZX-Spectrum 48k connected to a 17″ b/w TV.
Comments are closed.